4/26/2009

Nice...

I was checking out Mariner Minors -- yes, I still check out the Mariner sites -- and Jay had this neat item about an ex-Rattler player.
Even when the short season leagues haven't opened yet, there's still news to be reported. I have in my inbox a press release, sent to me by Aquasox broadcaster Pat Dillon and forwarded again by the USSM crew, announcing that long-time farmhand Rich Dorman will be taking over as the Aquasox pitching coach to start the season. There's nothing on the Aquasox site yet, but a glance at the roster would seem to confirm it.

The press release informs us that Dorman is presently in Peoria, rehabbing from shoulder surgery. This would explain why he was not among the spring training spaghetti auditioning for a part in the bullpen, nor was he granted a courtesy call-up to end the season.
Dorman was a Rattler in 2003.

No comments:

Site Meter