6/23/2010

2010 MWL All-Star Game recap

First the score:

WEST 2
EAST 6
Box score | Game story

That MiLB.com Game Story was written by Matthew Linder. He was the guy in press row who turned around to let everyone know that the last shutout in MWL All-Star History was 1999 in Lansing...after the bottom of the seventh.

Also, that MiLB.com story is titled two different things on the Midwest League website.

The story itself is:

Sands powers East to All-Star win
Loons slugger whacks two-run homer in Midwest classic

The kicker off the media wall page is:

Greenwell captains East Division to All-Star win

Greenwell had three hits, a double, an RBI, a stolen base, and two runs scored.

Sands hit a two run homer and walked twice.

Sands was the Top Star (or MVP) as voted on by the media.

Sportswriters dig the long ball, too.

Turning over the rest of this post to the Journal-Gazette.

East stars shine bright
“It was awesome. The home-field advantage, the crowd,” Sullivan said. “I gave up a couple of knocks early, but I felt comfortable. We got a big throw by Chen and I was able to punch (Trout) out to end the inning. It was a sigh of relief. It was good.”

The East scored three runs in the first, including a two-run home run to right-center by the game’s MVP Jerry Sands of Great Lakes, to make Sullivan the winning pitcher.

“I had faced (Peoria’s Trey McNutt) a few weeks ago and he had a pretty good slider,” Sands said. “I didn’t want to see it, so I was looking for a fastball early and I got it, and luckily I put a good swing on it. I hit that one a little better than I did some (Monday in the home run derby).”

No comments:

Site Meter