4/20/2008

Only in South Bend

The bus arrived in South Bend about 90 minutes ago.

After unpacking and watching a bit of North Dallas Forty, I was feeling a little hungry and went to the vending machines for a 3 Musketeers, a Take 5, some Friday's Potato Skins, or even a pack of Hostess Cupcakes.....anything.

Now, the only food vending machine in this hotel is over in another building. I walked over there and found two soda machines and a Starbucks (?) machine. I head to a couple of other obvious places, but no luck.

The last thing I want to do is actually talk to the front desk clerk, but the power of Hostess compels me.

"Do you have any food vending machines in here?" I ask.

"No." is the answer.

There must have been a quizzical look on my face because he continued with, "It's those damn kids. They shake the machines to get the stuff out of there. But, there's a gas station about four blocks down..."

I tuned him out right around "It's those damn kids."

Then, the hotel bar didn't have the free popcorn either. I think someone is trying to tell me something.

Back in the morning.

No comments:

Site Meter